Friday, January 18, 2013

Cold weather in the South

I live in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia a little North of the capital city where the weather of choice is dog day heat or just warm enough to survive a freeze of a deadly sixty degrees. Last night, we had snow warnings so I couldn't make it out to church and I was afraid to leave the house for fear of getting in a bad accident or just getting stuck somewhere on the road where I couldn't move. Turns out I didnt see a freckle of snow, not even hail or sleet, no black ice, and as I am writing this article the sun is pouring in through the window. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world. Too bad the South was expecting a post-Christmas winter wonderland today just because we had a draft that went a little under last night. Everything went fine, we all got home from work and ate our supper, traffic wasn't bad, and as far as I know nobody died in an automobile wreck, or even got in one for that matter. Now I cant say I've never seen snow in the South because I have. My senior year of high school, we had a White Christmas which was our first since the Priting Press' hay day when everyone drove horse and buggies. But all in all, this is Heat Miser territory y'all. If it isn't seriously bad, please dont entertain me with the thought of something that won't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment